Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Decleration of Principles

Welcome one and all!

This is my first entry for what I have decided to call The Cinema Touch. My name is Julien Faddoul and I am an amateur film critic. My whole life I have wanted to be a professional film critic and the hope that I may become one some day has kept me away from outlets such as blogs and the like. But since the world doesn't seem to want to let me be one I have relented my resistance and shall now become another in the parade of internet vamps.

To be clear, this is not an entertainment news blog. This is merely and outlet for me to share my thoughts with you on the art of the cinema through the creation of an encyclopedic database of movies. I will also add the odd review of current (and maybe ancient) movies, as well as more overarching pieces when necessary. I have for so long been writing my own reviews of anything that I just happened to see and have constantly been speaking to the phantom reader that never was, so I will not lose my nerve if I don't obtain any readers in this case, for it'll just be like ol' times. But maybe this way I can actually do some good.....hopefully.

So there you have it. Feel free to comment on my reviews whether you agree or disagree, for debate is what any art lives off. Any good film critic will tell you, however, that one need never read criticism for the verdict, but rather for the criticism, the encapsulation through analysis of the sensory experience one had at the event. What went through their mind, their body and their heart. I will try my best to give you reviews that are insightful and wise and cloak you with the joy that I have always felt for what I consider the greatest art-form of our time: the cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment